Outspoken Bikeability Plus
St Laurence worked in partnership the Outspoken Cycling group and took part in a FREE school cycling programme called Bikeability Plus.
The programme included a range of cycling activities across all year groups with the aim of creating a cycling culture in schools and increasing the number of children cycling to school at least once a week. The activities involved were:
- Am amazing launch event- A whole day Try-Out show for pupils, teachers and parents (we bring lots of fun bikes and a pedal powered disco)
- Balance Bike training for Reception Class
- Learn to Ride lessons for Y3/4
- Bike Maintenance lessons for Year 6 pupils.
- Class Competition - rewards for winners such as 'The Watt Bike challenge' and cycle lights
The school had a fantastic time at the launch event and many parents and friends had a go after school too.
The amount of children who cycled to school at the end of Bikeability Plus increased by 35%.