How we raise money
As in most schools, the majority of our funds are raised through the events that we run. One of our most popular events is our annual Summer Fayre. As well as the very popular half-termly "Cake Sales", we also produce a school calendar each December and hold Family Discos.
We are registered with various on-line shopping sites, which give the PTA a percentage of profits at no cost to you, including:
- The Giving Machine - http://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk for many types of items
- Stamptastic printed name labels – www.stamptastic.co.uk schools unique code is SLCP.
- Clipper Woven Name Labels - http://www.woven-name-tapes.co.uk for name labels (school code 1109)
- Scholastic Book Clubs - http://clubs-shop.scholastic.co.uk for educational books
- Yellow Moon - http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk for children's activities (school code SST3736)
EduVoice - http://www.EduVoice.co.uk Through our subscription to PTA-UK and like many other schools in the country, we have registered St Laurence's with this online research and opinion panel, specifically created to provide a way for parents to raise funds for their school at no cost to them. For every survey completed, the school receives a minimum of 50% of the incentive for the survey. The other 50% will be yours, unless you opt to donate that 50% to the school. To register yourself and invite other people to join, please visit http://www.EduVoice.co.uk/. Our school's unique code is 424204142.
How we spend the money we raise
It is at our PTA Committee meetings that the decisions on how to spend the money are taken.
Usually, the Head teacher will have a 'shopping list' of items that the school would like to purchase. Sometimes this will be as a result of the children asking for something. At other times it will be for resources to improve a particular area of the curriculum or school environment. In the main the PTA funds are for the 'extras' not provided by the school budget, and make our children's learning experiences so much more fulfilling and exciting.
The money we raise is usually spent fairly quickly. That way, you can be sure that in supporting our PTA, your child and others will soon feel the benefit.
Some of the items the PTA have funded recently:
- A new audio, visual and multimedia sound system for use in the hall
- A Christmas pantomime for all the children
- New Sports and PE equipment
- Outdoor KS1 playground equipment
This year we are raising money to help fund ongoing improvement in the outdoor space.